To schedule tours or inquire about renting, please contact the Homestead.
- Phone: 217.422.9003 - Please leave a voice mail and your call will be returned.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot visit the historic home in person, please enjoy this video tour of the Homestead.
The Millikin Homestead is open to the public for tours (brochure coming soon).
- The last Sunday of each month, April - October
- 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Open House tours are FREE for members (includes two adults and two children)
- Open House tours for nonmembers are $3.00 for adults, $1.00 for children ages 5-12, and free for children under 5
In addition to the Open House hours, tours can be arranged to accomodate your schedule.
- Individual: $5.00 per person; minimum $20.00
- Youth Groups (summer camps, clubs, etc.): $1.00 per person
- School Groups: Free
Watch for updates on revised rental availability and prices for the 2022 season. Please call the Homestead at 217-422-9003 for details.
- Maximum occupancy: 50-75 people
- Approximately 35-40 people can be accommodated for a sit-down meal
- $250 for the first three hours (including set up and clean up): additional time $50.00 per hour
- $100.00 non-refundable check due when making reservation
- Homestead members receive a 25 percent discount on rental fees
- (Brochure coming soon!)
The lawn of Homestead is also available for rental. The beautiful grounds provide a lovely setting for a wedding or party.
- $200.00 for the first four hours (including set up and clean up); additional time $50.00 per hour
- No access to the house
The Homestead and grounds can be scheduled for photography sessions
- Inside photos (which include outdoor settings): $50.00 per hour
- Outside only photos: $25.00
- Annual unlimited outdoor photography pass is available for $100.00 per year
- All outdoor photography is subject to availability of the James Millikin Homestead